Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some Oldies but Goodies

Now that I'm off and running with this blog, and having so much fun with it, I really wish I had started this 5 years, 1 month and 11 days ago, when Laurence was born.  Or 18 months later when he started talking, perhaps.  Today I happened to stumble upon a few of things he has said in the past that I now remember jotting down in his baby book.  I believe my journaling was as a result of my sister-in-law's encouragement..."I sure hope you're writing these things down!" she's been known to say.  Apparently I followed her advice a few times (thanks, Mary!).  So, what better place to share them, but here.  

Let's back up to....November of '07.  Laurence would have been 2 months shy of 4 years old.  I'd made a trip to Victoria's Secret, THE only place to buy bras in my opinion.  OK, I know they're expensive, but totally worth it.  Like a really good pair of shoes.  I'm not one to splurge on clothing, unless it's for the feet or the girls.  Money is no obj -- oops, sorry, I digress.  Anyway, I must have been shopping without Laurence this particular day, which doesn't happen very often.  Later, at home, he saw the pretty pink bag and said, "What's in there, Mommy?"  "Just some clothes," I said.  Not satisfied he dipped into the bag when I was not looking and, pulling out my purchase, said, "Oh, I see you got some booby traps!"  Too good not to share, right?

Stay tuned for more re-runs.

3 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud. That is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm not sure I will ever look at a bra that same way. This was great...I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To cute! Carleigh does this to. Whenever we are near bras she says, "Oh Boobs" really loud. So funny.

    ReplyDelete