Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh, nuts!

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I'm hunnnngry!" a rich woman I would be.  (Side note:  I'm including the times I hear "Eee, eee, eee!" which translates from Loic language to "I'm hungry.")  Today was no exception.  Loic ate almost non-stop all day, and Laurence started in as soon as we got in the car to come home from school.  Honestly, it's amazing we have any food in this house at all.   In case you're wondering, this post is not simply about the bottomless pits living in our home and how I sometimes wonder if I serve any purpose other than attempting to fill them, but it does feel good to talk about it.  I don't want to disappoint and not include a daily chuckle.

Laurence could barely get in the house fast enough to have a much-anticipated snack.  Much to his surprise, his beloved little bro found some almond rusk-type cookies from Italy in the cupboard today (from Bill's last trip to Europe, probably a year ago!).  "Mommy!  What are THOSE?" he asked when he saw them on the kitchen counter.  "Some kind of almond cookies," I respond, half expecting him to turn up his nose, because I honestly don't think they look the least bit appetizing.  Oh no, "I LOVE almond cookies!" he exclaimed.  So, he eagerly bit into one then promptly handed it to me.  "I can't eat this," he said, "I don't like walnuts."  Snack time was over.  Appetite ruined, apparently.  How the walnuts got into the almond cookies, I'll never know.

1 comment: