Friday, October 7, 2016

Moms are....

Apparently I haven't blogged in over 3 1/2 years. That can't be right. If that's true, then the boys are now 12, 9 and 6 and that makes me...a mom of three boys who are 12, 9 and 6. Yes, a real live mom who's been on this journey for almost 13 years. I remember being a kid and time would pass so slowly. I'd hear adults saying, "Just you wait, when you get to be my age time will fly by!" I don't even think "fly" is the right word. There is no way to describe how quickly time is passing. When I think about it I get all teary and realize how fast they are growing up, how soon they'll be in high school, college and out of the house for good. And then I realize I haven't blogged for 3 1/2 years and the tears really start to flow.

Anyway, there was a moment with my 12-year-old recently that I know I'll want to remember forever. We were talking about a spill on his shirt and I suggested he find a different one to wear. He fought it, of course.

"No one will even see it! It's a small stain," he said.

"I think you should change. I noticed!" Me.

"Well of course you noticed, you're a mom." Then, after a thoughtful pause, "There's a big difference between moms and normal people." 

There is so much in that simple statement. The boy speaks the truth. Being a mom has brought me so, so far from normal. But wow, what an amazing 13 years it's been. 




No comments:

Post a Comment