Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Baby!

Somehow the past 8 1/2 months have snuck by with many fewer pregnancy-related postings than I'd anticipated. So with only about 2 weeks to go, I thought I'd post a picture of me and what I'm guessing will be our biggest newborn yet! (Well...our biggest newborn period. As much as I love being pregnant, three is it. I'm cherishing these last few weeks...days...moments!?) If you remember my posting a few weeks back about measurements, today I measured 43 cm at 37 weeks. Doc is saying we are just not capable of making small babies. Bring on the baby rolls!

This time around we're struggling with names. It shouldn't be, but this is stressing me out. Bill says we can just wait and see the baby, and maybe the name will just come to us. Or maybe it won't. He's comfortable with waiting a day or two or three to name the baby after it's born. Me? I try not to think about it because it may just put me into labor...

Anyway, it's been fun to get suggestions from friends and family as to what we should call this little one. The fact that we don't know if it's a boy or girl makes it even more fun, in my opinion. I do have to share a couple of the names that were recently posed to me. Boy - Simon. Girl - Simone. Neither name terribly unusual nor particularly funny, but it was the reason behind the suggestion that has left me somewhat perplexed, and gave me a good chuckle. Said Wendy, a friend and fellow mom, just last week, "Remember...Simon or Simone. Both great names! And besides, you look like a Simon..." Wha--what?! Maybe it's the glasses? The chipmunk-like buck teeth? My hair? She was kidding, of course, at least I think she was, but it still took me totally off guard. And to know me is to know that's hard to do. Good one Wendy...but I still don't see it. Do YOU?

1 comment:

  1. I am shocked you didn't take this as a compliment!
    By the way--my mom's maiden name is Simon I have a bunch of aunts. You look like one of the Simon girls;) You know, vaguely Swedish, kind of French.

    ReplyDelete