Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In-School Celebrations

Laurence is very excited to celebrate his birthday at school this year. He's had me check and re-check that it falls on an actual school day, and I think I finally have him convinced that it is, indeed, on a Wednesday. (It's also in the middle of January, so we could be dealing with a possible snow day, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.) Anyway, during one such conversation the other day, I was explaining to him that Loic will never celebrate his birthday at school (end of July) and neither will the new baby (winter break), so that he should realize just how lucky he is. I said how glad I was to have my birthday during the school year, and Bill said the same about his. Laurence said, "So I'm the only kid in this family who will get to? I AM lucky!" End of conversation. Or so I thought. Just tonite however he says, "Hey, Mom, what about Eimer? Her birthday is close to mine, so she can celebrate at school." I said, "Well...it IS 2 days before yours, but she's a dog...and she won't be going to school." He didn't say anything for a minute, opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and said, "I know THAT!" Nope. Trust me, he DIDN'T know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment