Monday, August 17, 2009

My Texas Instruments Rooster

I hear it from other parents and know that I'm not alone when I say that my boys play with their own toys only on rare occasions. Instead, they are continuously fascinated with what is not theirs, and I'm forever finding objects such as kitchen utensils, rolls of tape (usually empty), and plastic storage bowls in very strange places. Loic has recently taken a liking to my calculator. I find it at least two or three times a day in various places around the house, and always return it to its drawer. Just the other morning he was at it again and came marching into the bathroom holding it and said, "Iddie play this!" (Iddie is his version of "Icky," our very affectionate and appropriate nickname for him.) "Sure," I said, "but what is it?" He got a puzzled look on his face, and I thought for a minute I had him stumped, but then I could see it -- the word on the tip of his tongue. His mouth started getting all twisty and a look of satisfaction came over his face, when after a few moments he proudly he states, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment