Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello, Buckwheat!

The boys and I were leaving the grocery store this morning and a man walking toward us looked right at Laurence and said enthusiastically, "Hello, Buckwheat!" Laurence was actually speechless, but did flash back his pearly whites. As we got into the parking lot he says, "Mommy, why did that man say that?" I wasn't really sure, especially since Laurence's hair is looking especially tame today, but I said, "Oh, he was just being friendly & jolly." He thinks for a moment and says, "Well, just between you & me, Mommy, I don't really think it's nice to call someone a bucket of wheat. But I wasn't going to tell HIM that, so I just smiled and pretended it made me happy." Ah, one of life's most important lessons learned and put into play today.

No comments:

Post a Comment