Saturday, February 21, 2009

Let's Start Off with a Bang!

Well, here it is.  My first official post.  Credit for this blog is due in huge part to my friends who enjoy reading my Facebook mini-blog, "Things that made me laugh today..."  So it seemed fitting to archive those posts here to get the ball rolling.  Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Laurence asks, "Mommy, why can't organic people eat candy & stuff?  Faith (a girl at his school) is organic, and she can eat fruit leather, but no REAL candy.  People that aren't organic can eat all kinds of candy and dessert and other bad stuff.  Why can't organic people?"

Saturday, Februrary 7, 2009
Yesterday on the way to school, Laurence was telling me that his teacher sometimes polls the students on their favorite things, for example carrots vs. peas.  Then he said, "We also talk about poultry.  What IS poultry?"  Seemed strange for a preschool discussion, but I said, "Chicken, turkey, duck, pheasant...any birds you eat."  He was quiet for a moment and said, hesistantly, "I don't really think that's what the teacher meant."  Another pause.  "You know, poultry...like rhyming words and stuff."  Oh, POETRY.

Monday, February 2, 2009
Today's laugh is at my own expense, but I'll risk some snide comments to share my moment with you.  I was getting Laurence a bowl of cereal with blueberries and as I'm turning to the refrigerator he says, rather impatiently, "MILK PLEASE!"  To which I replied, "Just a minute, Laurence, I only have one hand!"  Of course he caught my error, and said, "Mommy, you have two."  I was glad I was facing the fridge -- it was easier to hide my embarrassed grin!

January 31, 2009
Laurence asked me to put his temporary dinosaur tattoo on him, and I reminded him, "Better let Daddy do it - he's better with those."  To which he replied, "Oh, right.  Because he's an engineer."

January 28, 2009
Studying a  box of raisins, Laurence declares, "Hey! Grapes plus warm sunshine equals Sunmaid Raisins!"

January 26, 2009
Laurence asked this morning, "Mommy, did God make stuffing?"  I started in about the ingredients in stuffing and where they come from and that God made plants, etc. when he interrupts and says, "You know, the stuffing in stuffed animals."  Duh, Mom.  Of course.

January 20, 2009
It has been so fun watching the inauguration with Laurence!  Had to share his reaction to Aretha's version of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" -- "Her voice is squeaky and sounds awful!"  Then, as the violinist starting playing "Air and Simple Gifts," he said, "Now THAT'S what I call a musician."

January 17, 2009
Laurence & I were discussing teeth -- when he'd get his next set of molars, when his first tooth would fall out, etc.  And finally it hit him, "So, the difference between baby teeth and permanent teeth is that you LOSE baby teeth, and you NEVER have trouble finding permanent teeth."

January 16, 2009
Laurence:  I can't hear Tyler very well when he whispers in my ear.
Me:  Do you ask him to speak up?
Laurence:  NO!  If he talks too loud I might get an ear confection!






3 comments:

  1. This rocks! What a great addition to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you started a blog! I'll be following and will add you to my blog roll. Laurence is the cutest, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Jeane !

    Comme ça, je pourrai te voir presque en vrai !!

    Plein de gros bisous !!

    Mumu & Antoine

    ReplyDelete